Thursday, June 28, 2007

a recommendation

I would recommend to anyone reading this that you not ever get carjacked at gunpoint in your driveway.

It can upset your five year-old child, should you have them with you when this happens, especially when there is a gunshot fired as you run away.

Afterward my daughter was saying things such as "my carseat.." and "my panda bear doll..." in lamenting what for her might be lost. Interesting the kinds of things that are her world that she was talking about afterward.

I don't know if she ever saw the revolver or not during it all. I honestly don't think she did.

She definitely heard the gunshot's pop, and screamed, but I honestly think it was just generically at a loud noise as I whisked her away. She definitely knew something was way awry, yet I think the worst of it she did not see.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I can not imagine what this must have felt like. I am truly sorry that you have experienced the worst of this world so many times.

Julie said...

Shit Clayton sounds really scary. Glad your'e both ok.

Julie x