Wednesday, September 21, 2005

glory to God in the highest

What an awesome Guide we have in the Holy Spirit.

Today I was traveling for my job, and when I arrive in this city I visit occasionally, it is a no brainer to just follow the Interstate to where I go for business. Today I was nudged by the Holy Ghost to take a detour, which I did.

In the natural it would have seemed like a wild goose chase, as the first few places I stopped along the way I knew what I was looking for--but did not come across it. I just kept going. I knew I had not "missed" the Holy Spirit, rather I sensed that my stopping was working out the timing for when I did come to what I was taking this detour for.

At the fourth stop, the Holy Spirit moved. I was in a grocery store, walking the aisles, and the Spirit quickened a particular lady to my heart. As I walked the store after seeing her, the Lord then put a specific something on my heart to do for this lady. I prayed for confirmation as to what the Lord was putting on my heart regarding this woman, and He provided it--in a crazy yet strong and undeniable way. Praise His name.

I ended up speaking with her in the parking lot. I mentioned what the Lord had impressed me to do for her (bless her financially). She was a 66 year old, elegant black lady. She was understandably a little guarded when we first spoke, but when she sensed the kindred spirit of Jesus between us that changed.

We had a glorious conversation. She spoke humbly yet proudly of her life of giving to others, that she doesn't need much herself and most of the groceries she bought would be given to others. Her faith and godly wisdom shone from her heart as she spoke. Of course then the Lord blessed her with His money (which had been on loan temporarily to me, until it ended up where He wanted it--given to her, from Him, for her faithfulness and giving.)

She gave me a hug afterward, and she whispered "The Holy Ghost go with you." There was something in the way she said it...powerful, alive. Not just words. It was truly awesome--in my opinion I got the bigger of the exchange of blessings...

Before I left I felt the heart of the Lord come upon me. I looked at her with a tear in my eye and said "One day, ma'am, we will see each other again. And when we do, let's remember and enjoy what we did here today." What a glorifying moment for the Lord. Bless His name.

2 comments:

loren said...

Hi John,

What a wonderful Lord we serve, and a wonderful story of submitting to Him for His glory. I think it will be a three-way reunion when the Lord re-introduces you on that day.

Anonymous said...

Hey, it is so awesome how you trusted God and He led you to share His insights with that woman. I admire your faith and willingness to serve God without doubt. Keep up the good work and God bless you.