Monday, October 03, 2005

party in heaven, October 2, 2005

"there is joy among and in the presence of the angels of God over one person who repents" (Luke 15:10, Amplified Bible)

"All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:37-40, NIV Bible)

Tonight, God gave a lady named Cheree to Jesus. Jesus will not drive Cheree away, and it is God's will that Jesus not lose Cheree, but raise her up at the last day. Cheree is looking to the Son. She has accepted God's grace, forgiveness, eternal life and power to overcome sin through Jesus' blood (Revelation 12:11). Cheree has repented--changed her mind for the better and heartily to amend her ways, with abhorrence of past sins (Luke 5:32, Amplified Bible).

As I spoke with Cheree, within this last year she had already turned from some things in her life that were being destructive in and toward her. It had already witnessed to her spirit, even before accepting Jesus, that these hampering things needed to be gone from her life, and they are gone already.

What a testimony. Someone who already laid aside their nets (Matthew 4:19-20) months before accepting the saving grace of Jesus. Imagine that--knowing the need for repentance, and repenting, long before becoming a Follower.

Cheree's name is now written in the Book of Life: "Thus shall they who conquer (are victorious) be clad in white garments, and I will not erase or blot out their name from the Book of Life; I will acknowledge them [as Mine] and I will confess their name openly before My Father and before His angels." (Revelation 3:5, Amplified)

Lord Jesus, there is none like You. You are able to keep Cheree until that day. You have her, Lord Jesus. The Father has given Cheree to You. Keep her, Lord Jesus. There is a cloud of witnesses around her, myself included Lord, who will be Your hands and your feet to help her grow in discipleship under You. She hungers to know You, the Father and the Holy Spirit. Jesus, You said that if we ask the Father for a piece of bread He won't give us a stone. Father, I ask the Holy Spirit be given to Cheree, in Jesus' name, to guide her into all Truth (John 16:13)

Lead me, Lord. Lead myself and others who know You, to lead her in following Jesus. Not in following vain and empty religion. Put Your truth alone on the lips and tongues who will be involved in discipling Cheree. Let her grow unadulterated in You. Holy Spirit, guide Cheree, in Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: