Sunday, January 29, 2006

more prosperity/positive b.s.

Lord, do we ever stop to think how much You are shaking Your head at Your people? Are we really that blind to ourselves and our 'faith'? Holy Spirit, open our ears to hear how out of tune we are from the Truth.

Lord, help us understand the fine line between Your blessing and Your desire for us to grow and mature.

My perspective is influenced by the cross that I carry. There is such a foul taste in my mouth from perspectives I don't understand. Is this from sheep being far from the Truth, or an unrelatability within me?

I went to a Bible study/group tonight, and from three people there was a very strong (pungent) spirit that a life/week of contentment is the pinnacle and goal of the Christian life.

Where is the line between God's true blessing and the growth of our faith through trials?

I don't wish to rain on anyone's parade, nor detract in any way from God giving/doing something good for a child of His (aka blessing).

It just seems the Body (in America, which is my only reference point, living in this culture) has a larger expectancy of what constitutes God's blessing than God Himself does.

I soberly realize at this point in my life I have been given a heavier cross to bear circumstantially right now . The esteem of my circumstances is no justification to rip anyone who is experiencing God's blessing on their life, and I don't do that.

What really burns me is not God blessing others, it is when I perceive in others that to "be blessed" is the zenith of their walk with Jesus. I should have a passionate regret for them, as Jesus had for Jerusalem, but I find myself instead being scornful (NOT judgmental) of this "just bless my socks off, God" approach to being a Follower.

No comments: