Tuesday, March 07, 2006

the subtle "innocence" of Prosperity/Dominion

in an online Christian forum recently, I saw this quote as a signature under a Follower's name:

"Petitionary prayer is the absolute, undying refusal to accept this world as it is. To believe that not only should it be changed, but it can be."

Honorable and godly, isn't it?

Pig's vomit.

Not only vomit, but God's rebuke on this Prosperity/Dominion bull-kimshi.

What this quote says:

• we know better what is to transpire than God does

• spit on Jesus' teaching "Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven"

• outright defiance and 180 degree opposite of Jesus' prayer before His arrest: "Father, if it be possible, take this bitter cup from me; yet, not my will but Your will be done."

• our will supercedes God's will

• our knowledge of how everything works together (circumstances, events, positions, roles, locations, order) trumps God's

• "My ways are not your ways, nor My thoughts your thoughts", says the Lord, "for My ways are higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts". This verse is void, and scrapped from the Bible.

• what entitlement do we have to dethrone the Father? what/where is the source of this entitlement? Really.

• this is pride and defiance direclty akin to satan's rebellion, but oh how much more subtle

• Jesus said if anyone would follow Him, the first requirement is denial of self: "if anyone would come after me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily and follow Me" (Luke 9)

• following Jesus means following, not leading

• Romans 8:14, "Those who tell the Holy Spirit what to do are God's sons". Is that what God says? No. "Those who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God."


Man, a flood of other verses floods the mind now:

• I have been crucified with Jesus and I no longer live but Jesus lives in me. The life I now live in the body I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. (Galatians 2). Hmmm. Doesn't say "the life I now live I live by faith in myself, who knows better than God what should happen".

• "I have called you out of the world" (John 15). Hmmm. This Dominion crap sounds like we're to tell God what we want to go on in the world.

• ""Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'"

Jesus says very plainly that those who do the Father's will are those who will enter heaven. He also very clearly says that those who live their own will in His name (what I call the "Christian Flesh") are going to be in for an extremely unpleasnt shock.

We must NOT be deceived, friends.

Don't claim to be a disciple (of Jesus) if what you're really doing is trying to be a dictator (to God).

No comments: