Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Christian Hemorrhoids

Just to let you know, everyone, your name being written in the Book of Life is directly correlated to your willingness to pass along annoying emails from other Followers.

Here's an email I received just a few minutes ago:

"When Jesus died on the cross he was thinking of you!

If you are one of the 7% who will stand up for him
forward this w/ the title 7%

Would you believe 93% of people won't forward this."


Okay, so if I'm a Follower (which I am), and I receive an email saying "when Jesus died on the cross he was thinking of you", what is that? Are you expecting or hoping I break out into some type of Christian jig-a-boo, or that the Holy Ghost will be knocking me prostrate from this "revelation"?

If I receive the email and I'm NOT a Follower, what is this? "Jesus was thinking of me." What the hell does that mean?

I get it. You're "witnessing" to unbelievers and you're "being an encouragement" to Followers.

That's what you think.

Have you just earned warm fuzzies and brownie points with the Almighty?

I think you're a sucker for platitudes, and you are a pain in my ass.

Oh, yeah. As a Follower, I believe that 100% of people should not forward that email.

Crikey.

No comments: