Wednesday, April 19, 2006

church marquees, stoop down

Amidst the recent church marquees (signs) I have seen, the most recent three of which have made me want to puke, I have wondered:

when is a church going to put up a marquee that says "doubters, haters and scorners welcome"?

This would do more than this current thread of PR-Jesus unrelatable bunk that most (all?) churches put on their marquees now.

••••••

I've been offered to ignore or smooth over the current anguish in my heart and join a group who has largely proven themself to be pock full of platitudes and unrelatablility. These are well-meaning people who love the Lord, yet I cringe at each Christianese cliche said, and my heart right now is not geared toward masking itself or 'playing small group'.

I've had two solid brothers pose opposing insights on this situation. One says "live what's in your heart. You are in a season of dying and rebirth. Don't concern over not being a fruit bearer right now. God has you in a different season right now."

The other says that my willingness to love, teach and serve amidst intolerable trial is fruit. I see this too.

So, I go to the Cross to unload the anger stoked from this crud, and to the Throne to get a pulse on this.

No comments: