Sunday, August 13, 2006

just the main dish, no side items please


I do not "keep up" with any Christian media of any kind. I have no interest in who the "in" or "rising" people are.

The American Body has its own version of this (as mainstream culture does), and I wholeheartedly couldn't care any less about either one of them.

And there's even more craw in my jaw about the Body doing this shit, cause the Man tells His folks not to show favoritism and they do it anyway. (And they laughingly excuse and "justify" themselves about this when called on the carpet about it.)

Whenever I browse around to read or hear other stuff, I usually have to sit through a marketing or favoritism plug (usually both) before getting to the meat of what I went there for in the first place.

A few weeks ago a friend of mine gave me a CD that had a great talk on it. First, though, I had to wade through 12 minutes and 43 seconds of some introductory guy going through all this other shit.

Yeah, and he was doing it in the stereotypical soft, little, dainty, Mickey-Mouse, "positive", warm, "inspiring", nice-guy Christian tone of voice.

When I go to any website (excluding most blogs) to see what other Followers, churches or people are doing, there HAS to be a Store or Shopping Cart option, doesn't there?

And some of the crap I see on these sites is worse than Shopping Network trinkets...by a long shot.

This being said, there are some of the folks I've gone to check out on the recommendations of friends who are solid. And some of them grate.

If they have any showmanship or false eloquence woven into their words or their tone, I'm outta there. Turn the knob. Click the back button. See ya.

I don't need to be "sold" on the Way. I'm in it. So just say what you're going to say, without putting any of your own pizzazzle in it, and let the Holy Spirit do with it what only He is to do--make something of it.

There is this permeating thought in the Body that we (humans) are to have anything to do with impacting people.

We're not.

To think we have a part in any message or event or whatever "moving" anyone, I think, is to err.

The more I look around what is going on in the Body there seems to be a swarm of "ooh, let me inject all this snazzy, societal stuff into Christianity, and then watch God do something with it."

To do this is to not even be in the same ballpark.

I hate seeing human thinking woven into things pertaining to God. Let God author it, otherwise don't do the damn thing.

Quit thinking I need to be convinced of anything.

And quit weaving human energy, human pizzazz and human 'wisdom' into Body stuff.

Let God be God.

What a freakin' concept.

4 comments:

MJ said...

The thing that is so hard is how to be real. Sometimes we are full of it, but we don't see it until later. I came to Christ through Joyce Meyer...she definately has a shopping cart with cheesy stuff in it. But God can use who he wants. I was lost and she said something that mademe think Jesus had a way out. I wouldn't be here if I didn't see that.

you are right to be incensed. I see a lot of that pretense crap and I almost lost it when you described that "christian nice guy voice" because I have thought that a hundred times. But god is sovereign and he does what he wants and he answers to no-one. he is a radical dude.

What you have to remember is that she is a whore, but the church is still his wife.

John Three Thirty said...

I don't think it's being real that's the problem. I mean, someone who turns to the Way is a new clump of clay to be shaped.

And what are they shaped by? Christianese language and 'acceptable behaviors' of churchianity.

There's a lot of 'monkey see, monkey do', and people are turning out more people like themselves: the unrelatable, PMA zombies.

Jesus says "you travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and then when you do you make them twice the sons of hell you are".

That's all I'm saying. That the Body needs to effen stop this unrelatable puke, quit being sons of hell and quit making double ones.

The Body largely neither sees nor cares they are not being real. They want people to "rise" out of their real life, to begin living some Polly Anna, God-is-a-slot-machine lie.

Just because this shit has snowballed into a huge effen snowball is no excuse.

There's man-laced dung all throughout this stuff, and there is some rude awakening and some gnashing of teeth in store unless we stop.

Society's Elite said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiNpcRdofz4&search=benny%20hinn

Benny Hinn gone wild!!!

;)

Would someone report people like this to the Bullshit Police?!?!?!

John Three Thirty said...

I ain't touchin' that one, bro...